Friday, February 20, 2009

Union Bank of C_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ !!!


I recently received a check from someone for an item they bought from me. It was a lot of money and was dearly needed (thanks). So to stop my bank from putting a 3 day hold on the check, I took it to the bank the check was drawn on. They charged me $5.00 to cash their own check ?? What a racket they have going, this was the bank which produced the check ??? They are masquerading as a bank when they are no better than a check cashing place !! Who by the way state up front what they are !!?? The funniest part of the whole encounter was when I got upset and told her this was the stupidest thing I ever heard she asked me if I wanted to open an account and there would be no charge ??? Are you kidding me ?? I will never bank with them !! BTW I sent their CEO an email explaining they are truly no better than a check cashing place !! I am not naming names but if you want to know the name just ask me !!! lol

7 comments:

Scrapally said...

I think we know which bank it is! :) What a racket. I know another bank that is just as stupid...and we don't bank there anymore!!! glad you sold something. We'll keep spreading the word that you have good stuff to sell!! And that you don't accept checks. CASH ONLY!!! :)

Melissa said...

banks are all stupid. pull your money out and put it under your matress.

Melissa said...

O.k. that comment was from Dave, not me. However I don't care for banks either, they are always charging us extra fees for using our own money. What good stuff are you selling?

Unknown said...

Thanks for the laugh Dave, I needed it after that nameless bank made me so mad !!! We have a King size bed, couch and love seat and a new stove, lawn mower, vintage pins and vintage purses !! Oh yeah don't for get snack sets !!!

Grandmotherfairy said...

I'm with Dave..I keep telling David that the safest place for our money is under the bed...he just laughs...sorry Robin, I know it is so frustrating dealing with people when you feel totally helpless and like they are taking advantage of you...I'm all for boycotting...just ask Gill, I think their are very few places I will be able to go soon:(

Unknown said...

I too am all for boycotting places that support causes which are against my beliefs, I haven't been to Wal-Mart in many years for that very reason !!! Also I don't go to places that don't give me good customer service or value for my money !! I know you do the same !!

Brooke said...

Personally I think you should put your money in your freezer! Luckily, I don't deal with banks...I make Bobby do that. thanks for your comment on Parker...he is cute and frankly sometimes I think he knows it and uses it to his advantage! Oh and yes he did continue to eat the "Hairy Lollipop Creature" lol!