Tuesday, October 13, 2009















DRESS UP YOUR HOLIDAY TABLE WITH A DISPLAY OF PAPER TREES

Turn pretty papers, paint, and some basic wooden supplies into a creative tree centerpiece. Use a circle cutter to cut paper into various-size circles. Slit the center of each circle. Cut 3/16” dowels to the height you want the finished tree to be and paint enough wooden spools to cover the length of dowel with red and white acrylic paint. Paint a wooden snowflake for the tree base as well. Hot-glue one of the painted spools to the snowflake. Put a dab of hot glue on the end of the dowel and insert the glue end into the spool. Add more spools to the dowel, alternating the colors. Once you’ve stacked enough to create a trunk, add the paper circles with spools between the layers.

Tip: Add painted wood or chipboard stars to the top of your holiday tree to finish it off.

3 comments:

Grandmotherfairy said...

Cute idea!

Unknown said...

Thanks I thought they were cute !!!

Lady Linda said...

I LOVE the paper trees. I wonder where they got those wooden snowflakes at the bottom. They would be perfect for my tulle trees!